The Interactive Classroom Working Group (ICWG) was set up at the end of 2013 and is one of three current European Schoolnet working groups. It replaces the previous Interactive Whiteboard Working Group which was established in 2008. The aim of the Interactive Classroom Working Group is to enable Ministries of Education to explore common areas of concern, share experience, and address policy challenges related to the integration of a wide range of technologies in classrooms and their impact on teaching and learning.
Currently seven Ministries of Education are involved in the working group (Austria, Estonia, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Portugal, Switzerland). Ministries in the ICWG are also working closely with policy makers from regional education authorities in the FCL Regio project.
- Guidelines for Effective School/Classroom use of IWBs [July 2010]
- Making the most of your interactive whiteboard (a shorter version of the guidelines) [September 2010]: CZ | DE | PT | IT
- IWB Procurement Guidelines report [January 2011]
- Guidelines for Small Scale IWB Procurements [July 2011]: CZ
- Top 10 tips for buying and installing interactive whiteboards [October 2012]: CZ | DE | FR
- ICWG pedagogical videos – (2014, 2015) ICWG members have created videos showcasing innovative pedagogical practice in classrooms across Europe
- BYOD Bring Your Own Device – A guide for school leaders (October 2015)